5 Important Tips on Using Cheap Stock Photos in White Papers
Do you want to spice up your white paper? If you do, you need to know where to find high quality cheap stock photos and how to use them. There are a number of stock photo agencies in the market. You have literally a lot to choose from to find photos for creative project. Most of the content in these sites are royalty-free, which means you can use them in any project. Moreover, they are available at very low prices.
If this is your first time to use cheap stock photos in your white papers, here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Use them for covers. The most natural place to use cheap photos is the cover of your white paper. You can choose and purchase the ones that your readers can relate to and those that harmonize with your client’s logo. By doing so, you are assuring your readers that your document is intended for them.
- Use an effective search approach. How do you find the right photo for your white paper? It’s easy. You just need a wise search strategy. Many stock photo agencies have well-indexed libraries. With the right keyword, you will be able to find the right photo.
- Search with generic keywords. Technical terms are not commonly indexed in stock photo libraries. That’s why when you enter keywords “eCommerce platform”, they will break up your keyword into “eCommerce” and “platform”. Your results will be displayed into hundreds of unrelated images. Instead, use generic terms such as “business computer”. You will generate hundreds of hits related to your keywords.
- Add emotion. Try adding emotion to your search. For instance, when your search for business people sitting in front of their computers, you choose the ones with happy people clustered around their screens. You do not want unhappy people in your images, do you? Showing people in various states of emotions increases readership.
- Add items to narrow your search. It can be boring and time-consuming to browse through hundreds of display results. To narrow down your search, add another keyword. For instance, you can add “desk”. That will reduce your results to a few hundreds. You can add other keywords to narrow down your searches even more and save you a lot of time cruising through thumbnails.
Cheap stock photos have a number of uses. White papers is one of them. Stock photos can spice up your white papers, increasing readership. You only need to find the right stock photo agency for your budget and your creative needs. Then, follow the above tips to make sure that you are doing it right. Save time and money while assuring your projects’ effectiveness with stock photos.